Reuniting at the airport is one of the most special reunions we know. Therefore, they should be celebrated and acknowledged in a meaningful, memorable, and truly marvelous way. If you plan to pick up a significant other, close friend, or out-of-town family member, why not surprise them with a bundle of breathtaking blooms to welcome them warmly to town? Whether you can recall the name of their favorite flower or not, the experts here at Central Square Florist, the number one flower shop in Boston, are providing insight into which blooms carry the best symbolism for your airport greeting.
Welcoming Travelers with Meaningful Flowers
Fresh Flowers for Friends
A meaningful way to honor your friendship is with fresh flowers. As you surprise your friend with this thoughtful gesture and give them a lift from the airport, they are sure to share in your excitement, bliss, and joy. Select favorite flowers that also represent your friendship and the time you spend together.
- Alstroemeria – Friendship and Optimism
- Chrysanthemums – “You’re a wonderful friend”
- Geraniums – True Friendship
- Iris – “Your friendship means so much to me”
- Yellow Roses – Friendship and Joy
- Yellow Tulips – Friendship and Cheerfulness
- Zinnias – “Never forget absent friends”
Romantic Blooms for Significant Others
After a long trip or even a weekend apart, you might feel a longing to reconnect with your significant other. When the time comes for you to pick them up at the airport and reunite, you can be so overjoyed and bursting with anticipation that you end up tongue-tied. To help give your sweet someone the proper welcome they deserve, try saying what you mean through the language of flowers.
- Dahlia – Excitement and Lasting Bond
- Forget-Me-Not – “True love memories”
- Roses – Romance, Passion, and Love
- Honeysuckle – “The bond of love”
- Lavender – Enchantment, and Love at First Sight
- Pink Camellia – Longing and often given to those we miss
- Red Chrysanthemums – “I love you”
- Stocks – Bonds of Affection and Happy Life
Meaningful Petals for Family
It can be hard to describe the relationship and special bonds we have with our family members. From unbeatable friendships you can always count on to unconditional love, reuniting with family always makes us grateful for their presence and warms our hearts. So, when giving them a lift from the airport, welcome them with these thoughtful flowers.
- Hydrangea – Sincerely Heartfelt and Gratitude
- Orange Tulips – Warmth
- Peach Roses – Missing Someone
- Pink Carnations – Gratitude and a Mother’s Undying Love
Cheerful Flowers for Any Traveler/Visitor
Sometimes, our out-of-town visitors don’t share a close bond or relationship with us. In this case, you can still greet them with a warm welcome as you greet them at the airport. Instead of choosing blooms with deep symbolism, these popular flowers give the perfect message of happiness, bliss, appreciation, and welcome.
- Baby’s Breath – Happiness
- Calla Lilies – Rejuvenation, Classy Style, and Luxurious Appeal
- Gerbera Daisies – Cheerfulness and Loyal Love
- Pink Roses – Appreciation, Joy, and Gratitude
- Safflowers – Welcome
- Sunflowers – Happiness
- Sweet Pea – “Thank you,” Bliss, Pleasure, and a great way to bid someone “farewell” after a wonderful visit
- Wisteria – Welcome
- Yellow Lily – Gratitude
Related Meanings of Colors
The meaning of your most-loved bloom goes beyond its type as it can also be defined by the color of its petals. Since each flower tells a unique story, you are sure to be able to show your favorite traveler how much you admire, appreciate, or love them with their favorite petals. Take into consideration some of these sweet hues and classic pigments.
- Light Pink – Admiration
- Peach – Gratitude
- Pink – Gratitude and Appreciation
- Red – Passion, Love, and Romance
- Yellow – Joy and Friendship
In addition to putting a smile on their face and conveying a lovely message, greeting travelers with flowers has been a tradition in many countries for many centuries. For instance, while visitors arrived to the Hawaiian Islands by steamboats in the 1800s, locals would welcome them with strung plumerias, orchids, pikake, maile leaves, rare shells, and kukui nuts, also known as a lei. Over time, this symbol of respect, hospitality, love, and “aloha” became known as the “authentic Hawaiian hello” and remains a tradition for modern vacationers and island visitors.
Picking up travelers from the airport is exciting. As the warm feelings of reuniting with friends and loved ones come over you, prepare a special “hello” with a floral bouquet from Central Square Florist. We know you will find the perfect one to inspire a beautiful reunion.
Burst of Happiness